Thursday, December 3, 2009

#1 Boy 2009

Soccer Stars!
Father and Son

Festival Fun

Last day of school

With cousins at Fritz's in KC

4th Birthday...never enough trains

2009 Highlights include...

* Completion of the first year of pre-school. Wow, did he ever thrive in a pre-school environment! Since John and I are teachers, we were worried about those first parent-teacher conferences....would #1 be a good student? listen to his teachers? be a friend to others? Thankfully, the little guy passed with flying colors.

* Soccer and Baseball- we tested the waters of organized sports. There were fun times and challenging times for sure. It's been great for him to get to know some of the kids he will end up going to school with next fall.
* No more thumb! In June, I worried that #1 would be sucking his thumb until he was 20 and by the end of July, the habit was licked ;-) The only down-side is that he stopped taking naps. I guess there's no point in napping when there's no tasty thumb.

* Counting, reading, writing, and drawing. #1 has already made a habit of questioning his mother's wisdom. "No, Mom- it's (fill in the blank)" is a response I am hearing waaay too much. Exasperated the other day, I asked him who knew more- Max or his mom? He proceeded to count from 1-100 as if to say "Ha! See if you can do that!" So, I proceeded to start counting from 101+ and #1 interrupted to tell me I was doing it wrong. Geez! When did I go from all-knowing to knowing nothing?






























No comments: