Sunday, December 5, 2010

John 2010

John with the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's

Ice cream post-pizza at Happy Joe's in Iowa

Like father like son

Yes, that is indeed John in the middle.  Wish I could have snapped a closer picture.

The Kalkowski men at the ranch.  A rare moment where they aren't working!

John's Highlights for 2010:
  • Definitely the HIGHLIGHT was John's book, Red Cell, getting published in April.  I think he has worked just as hard trying to promote it as he did writing it.  I know it was cool for John to see his book displayed at Barnes and Noble.  Read more about it at  http://johnkalkowski.com/
  • In April, the Kalkowski Family Ranches were awarded the Leopold Conservation Award.  It was great to see John's family rewarded for three generations of hard work, caring for the land.  Read a little more here: http://www.sandcounty.net/initiatives/lca/nebraska/
  • Busy summer at the ranch dealing with flooding and building an edition to the Kasaa house
  • John began his 6th year at Millard Central Middle School in August and his 14th year teaching.  He also continued to coach volleyball at CMS.

No comments: