Sunday, December 7, 2008

Anne


A kid for each hip at sister Beth's wedding in June


Anne's favorite thing about 2008? Basically, any time I got to spend with friends and family. Lucky for me, I had lots!

Highlights:
*After two years of a wonderful part-time teaching opportunity, I found out at the beginning of the year that it was changing to full-time. Knowing part-time was still the right thing, I decided to look for another part-time job. Unfortunately, part-time library teacher jobs are difficult to find and I struck out. I did luck out in finding a good full-time middle school job at Beveridge Magnet Middle School. I am thankful for the 2 years I had more time with the kids. With me and jobs, who knows what 2009 will bring!
* 4 weddings and a funeral (shucks, no Hugh Grant). Weddings included two siblings (Beth and Danny), my cousin Mark, and college (and forever) buddy Kristi. What fun! In February, my Aunt Pat (sister to my Grandma Shanahan) passed away. She is missed.
* I had a fun trip to Chicago with my sisters in May to see our Cubs play in Wrigley Field again. Bummer...they lost. Still it was a great time and I also got to see college friends Jenny and Wendy.
* I joined some school friends in a golf league at Eagle Run. It was so fun to spend time with these great ladies outside of work. My golf game still needs work--- I guess I need more practice! :)
* My sister Beth and I went to KU in September to meet up with friends Jenny and Wendy again (a foggy day kept Wendy in Chicago), Becky, Barb, and Sally. We went to the KU football game and froze our tails off in the freezing rain, but they won! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!


1 comment:

Beth said...

In 2009 I foresee a Cubs win. I can't always see them lose.